Today the Friend2Friend Learning Society visited RCG. Students from divisions 1 and 3 came to our classroom to learn about what students with autism might experience. Our visitors lead a discussion about autism and lead the students through some simulations. Ask your son or daughter about it tonight!
7 Friendship Tips FROM the presentation:
- Get your friend’s attention. Use a name.
- Use small sentences, gestures and wait.
- Watch your friend.
- Give your friend choices of things they like to do.
- Ask your friend questions. Get to know more about them.
- Use friendly words. Say “hello”. It is easy and makes people feel good.
- Accept differences. Everyone is different. Especially YOU.