For homework, due on Thursday, you must solve the mystery number using the clues below. You must bring an explanation for your solution that proves you are correct.
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY NUMBER?
- The thousands place has no value.
- The digit in the ones place is twice the digit in the tens place.
- The digit in the hundreds place is an odd number.
- The digit in the ten thousands place is one quarter the value of the digit in the tens place.
- There is a digit in the tenths, but not in the hundredths.
- The digit in the tenths place is one tenth less than one.