On Tuesday, September 20, Division 4 enjoyed a three hour water colour painting lesson with local artist Jane Saborio. We learned a lot about techniques and the materials needed to create some beautiful paintings. It isn’t as easy as it looks!
For any students who want to get into this a little more, here’s the handouts she left us with: Water Colour Painting Supply List
Make sure you know as many of these words as you can. VOCABULAIRE #1
Pratiquez les expressions!
(RE)INTRODUCTION TO PARAGRAPH WRITING
Complete your persuasive paragraph arguing what you believe we should study this year in division 4. Hand in your final draft and illustration on Thursday, Sept. 22.
- Does my topic sentence tell what the paragraph is all about, or what it’s purpose is?
- Did I include (at least 3) juicy details in my supporting sentences?
- Is my paragraph well written with complete sentences, proper punctuation and capitalization where needed?
- Did I include a solid concluding sentence that wraps up the paragraph and/or leaves the reader with something to think about?
Bienvenue à la class de français de M. Woelders!
Pour pratiquer le vocabulaire de l’école, regardez les vidéos suivant et pratiquez avec les devoirs ici.
Careful when using Google translate to figure out a phrase or word meaning. Often it translates the exact translation of words, not the literal or actually meaning and usage. Use an online French-English Dictionary instead, such as this one: http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french
Next Wednesday to Thursday is Identity Days at RC Garnett. Students will prepare and share their learning about something that excites their passions and interests, or is a big part of who they are. The project guidelines are posted below. Please help your child to come up with a sound Inquiry Plan!
- Thursday, Sept. 15 – Inquiry Plan is due (discuss at home with a parent)
- Thursday-Monday, Sept. 15-19 – Students will research and create presentation materials at school (and home if necessary)
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 – Presentations must be completed and handed in at school.
- Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 21-22 – Identity Day Presentations at school
- Draw your first circle quite large. Fill your page.
- Don’t draw too heavy. Sketch lightly to get the shapes and lines right.
- Both sides of the face should be balanced, not oddly shaped.
- Be patient until you get the shape and proportion you want.